If you’ve read all the previous artciles, attended all the onsite training sessions, and reviewed all the resource guides (here), you get a Gold Star! We’re super proud of you for being ready for when we cutover to Office 365 & Outlook...you’re really on your way to being a true Office 365 geek…
For the rest of you, don’t worry, be happy...we still love you and got your back. As we mentioned in our previous articles, we’re taking care of all your stuff (email, contacts, and calendars) and the Jones IT team will be there for you onsite 100% on the first business day following the cutover in case you need anything.
Once the change goes through, we recommend the following:
- Once the cutover goes through, remember to go to use your new Outlook profile or portal.office365.com from now on to check email. Note that the cutover can take up to 24 hours so you'll want to continue checking your old Outlook profile as well as your new Outlook profile (or login.microsoftonline.com) until the day after the cutover date. Usually the cutover takes about an hour.
- We recommend adding your new accounts to your mobile device & update signatures. To do so, check out the following instructions.
How to setup Outlook email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars >Accounts > Add account > Email.
- In the Add Account page, tap Exchange.
- Enter your full email address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then tap Next.
- By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized. Tap Save.
- If you're prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you're prompted and don't set up a passcode, you can't view this account on your device. You can also set up a passcode later in your settings.
How to setup Outlook email on Android
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email.
- Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, type your password, and then tap Next.
- Select the Exchange option.
- Depending how the Office 365 administrator in your organization set up your account, you might receive a message about additional security features. Select OK to continue.
- Once the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Accept the defaults or select the options for how you want to receive and send your mail, and then tap Next. (You may need to scroll down to see Next.)
- On the Set up email page you can change the name of your account. When you're finished tap Done.
How to setup Outlook Signatures
On Outlook desktop
- On the Home tab, choose New Email.
- On the Message tab, in the Include group, choose Signature > Signatures.
- Under Select signature to edit, choose New, and in the New Signature dialog box, type a name for the signature.
- Under Choose default signature, do the following:
- In the E-mail account list, choose an email account to associate with the signature.
- In the New messages list, choose the signature that you want to be added automatically to all new email messages. If you don't want to auto sign your email messages, accept the default option of(none).
- In the Replies/forwards list, choose the signature that you want to be added automatically (auto sign) when you reply to or forward messages. Otherwise, accept the default option of (none).
- Under Edit signature, type the signature, and then choose OK.
On Outlook web app
- Sign in to Outlook Web App. For help, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
- On the nav bar, choose Outlook (or Mail).
- Or Choose App launcher icon > Outlook.
- On the nav bar, choose Settings Icon > Options.
- Under Options, choose Settings > Mail.
- Or Under Options, choose MAIL > Layout > Email signature.
- Under Email signature, in the text box, type the signature you want to use. Use the formatting mini toolbar to change the appearance of the signature.
- NOTE: To include an image within your signature, you can copy the image from a source and paste that image in the text box.
- If you want your signature to display at the bottom of all outgoing items, including replies and forwards, select Automatically include my signature on messages I send. If you don’t select this option, you manually can add your signature to any message. For details, see Manually add a signature to a new message.
- Choose Save.
On Android devices
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the email app.
- Touch the menu icon.
- Scroll down and touch Settings.
- Touch the account you'd like to add the signature to.
- Touch Signature.
- Type in your signature.
- Touch OK.
On Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Tap Settings on the iPhone Home screen.
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Signature under Mail.
- To set up one signature for all your email accounts:
- Make sure All Accounts is selected.
- Enter your desired signature.
- To have iOS Mail use signatures specific to accounts:
- Make sure Per Account is selected.
- Edit the signature for each desired account as you please.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Jones IT (email@example.com, 415.578.7111,support.itjones.com) and we will be more than happy to help you.