If you’ve read all the previous articles, attended all the onsite training sessions, and reviewed all the resource guides (here), you get a Gold Star! We’re super proud of you for being ready for when we cutover to Office 365 & Outlook...you’re really on your way to being a true Office 365 geek…
For the rest of you, don’t worry, be happy...we still love you and got your back. As we mentioned in our previous articles, we’re taking care of all your stuff (email, contacts, and calendars) and the Jones IT team will be there for you onsite 100% on the first business day following the cutover in case you need anything.
Once the change goes through, we recommend the following:
- Once the cutover goes through, remember to go to use your new Outlook profile or portal.office365.com from now on to check email. Note that the cutover can take up to 24 hours so you'll want to continue checking your old Outlook profile as well as your new Outlook profile (or login.microsoftonline.com) until the day after the cutover date. Usually the cutover takes about an hour.
- We recommend adding your new accounts to your mobile device & update signatures. To do so, check out the following instructions.
- WARNING: Calendar problems are an known issue for migrations. Please double check recurring events and where invitees are in multiple time zones. The best way to resolve these are to go through your calendar to delete affected events and create new events; this will minimize the problems from recurring events & time zone issues.
How to setup Outlook email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars >Accounts > Add account > Email.
- In the Add Account page, tap Exchange.
- Enter your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then tap Next.
- By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized. Tap Save.
- If you're prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you're prompted and don't set up a passcode, you can't view this account on your device. You can also set up a passcode later in your settings.