Technology Needs of A Startup
In order to be competitive, startups need their IT infrastructure components to be flexible, scalable, and efficient, all within their limited budget.
Startups and modern-day small businesses most likely have an IT infrastructure setup similar to the following:
BYOD (bring your own device) or CYOD (choose your own device) policy
Wireless network with a primary and a fallback ISP
Office 365 or G Suite productivity apps
Conference Room- Zoom, Google Meet, or similar
VoIP phone system along with business features and integrations
Backup - Cloud backup and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
This is a basic IT infrastructure setup for companies that are starting out. However, there will be some variations based on individual business requirements. This IT infrastructure needs to be supported by an efficient IT operations and support team so that the startups can extract the most out of their investment in the technology.
In addition to the infrastructure, the startups need to have a clearly defined IT and IT security policy with special focus on network and cybersecurity.
How Jones IT Helps Startups?
Once your IT infrastructure is set up, most of your IT cost will be directed towards operations and maintenance. To keep this cost down, Jones IT helps keep your infrastructure:
Simple - we help you avoid unnecessary complications and “technical debt”.
Scalable - we help you plan for growth and ensure that your digital infrastructure can scale up or down on demand
Standardized - we help you standardize your processes to bring efficiency and for ease of management.
Get in touch with our IT Service consultants
Benefits Jones IT Brings To Growing Businesses?
We help transform the way businesses handle their IT- from firefighting issues to adopting a proactive approach. As companies grows, the complexities in their IT infrastructure also grow and so do the costs of un-managed IT and downtime. Getting proper IT infrastructure management gives the growing companies the insurance they need to work without stress, fatigue, or fear of downtime. A few of the many benefits that Jones IT brings to you are:
1. Reduced Cost of IT - Working with Jones IT will make your IT costs predictable so that you can plan in advance . In addition, you will save a lot in opportunity cost and lost time. Read more about how we achieve that for you: How To Calculate Cost Of IT For Small Business
2. Scalability - We offer a simple tiered pricing model that is ideal for startups and growing businesses. You can use as much as you want and the higher the use, the lower the rates become. You can scale up or down as required without worrying about your IT operations.
3. Shorter Implementation Time of IT Projects - Faster projects improve your organization’s ability to respond faster to market opportunities. We have all the necessary resources to start IT projects right away- IT consultants with the right skills, extensive experience, a long standing relationship with equipment suppliers that ensures lower lead time, and an in-house repository of best practices and Kaizen. Irrespective of the scale or complexity, we deliver projects in a much shorter time.
4. Level Playing Field - The technology needs of startups are not very different from those of large organizations. Yet, it is a reality that startups cannot afford to hire an entire IT team that larger companies can. Jones IT helps you act “big” by providing you with the same level of technical expertise and IT support that larger companies enjoy.
5. Cybersecurity and Compliance - When your business is just starting out, it is easy to fall into IT Security bad habits. Once you grow beyond a certain size these bad habits will quickly turn into a nightmare as data & privacy regulations and compliance requirements start to kick in. Jones IT will help you establish IT Security best practices that will keep your IT infrastructure secure. We also help you avoid risk and ensure compliance even if the regulations turn on a dime.